Thursday, January 12, 2012

Translations....please?

It's in like old english and can someone translate this into modern? Thanks!



'How ’tis, ma’am,’ resumed Stephen, appearing still to find his natural refuge in Louisa’s face, ‘that what is best in us fok, seems to turn us most to trouble an’ misfort’n an’ mistake, I dunno. But ’tis so. I know ’tis, as I know the heavens is over me ahint the smoke. We’re patient too, an’ wants in general to do right. An’ I canna think the fawt is aw wi’ us.’

Translations....please?
'How it is [it seems], ma'am.’ resumed Stephen, seeming still to find safety in Louisa’s face, ‘that what is best in us fok, seems to lead to trouble and misfortune and mistake, I don't know. But it is so. I know it is, as I know the heavens are over me through the smoke. We’re patient too, and want in general to do right. And I can think the fawt is with us.’





I don't know what "fawt" is, but I did the rest.



Anything else?


No comments:

Post a Comment